5 Tips for good database management
5 Tips for good data base management, sale which will help your improve your personal and your company performance
Always try to keep your data up to date.
- For existing customers enter data as it happens.
- For a new contact, here get the information off the business card
- Use extra resources if required
Ensure you close out actions and reminders when complete
- When it is fresh in your mind
- It will trigger follow up actions/reminders
- Your contact history is up to date
Set up your database to reflect your business
- A data base should be adaptable and flexible
- For a database to work effectively it needs fit in with your business model
- At the same time ensuring that you can run it more effectively
Originate communications through your database
- Use your database as the communications hub for emails, phone, text,letters etc
- This will set a discipline and standard and ensure
- That your contact history is complete and accurate
Plan your daily, weekly and monthly tasks
- Actions and reminders are a good starting point
- Allows you to focus on your customers & prospects
- Allows you to prioritise you actions and tasks
Remember that a good database allows you to bring extra help into cover for sickness or add resources in a growing business. It will become one of the main assets in your business and will add value when you come to sell it.